Scholarship to Attend the National ASTA Conference
Do you know about the George Bornoff Memorial Scholarship Fund?
It is co-sponsored by ASTA and the Foundation for the Advancement of String Education and awards three $800 scholarships each year to young
teachers so that they may attend the ASTA National Conference!
1. Hold a current ASTA membership.
2. Be a string teacher in the first five years of teaching.
3. Complete and sign the application form.
4. Write an essay, of 250 words or less, that clearly explains how this scholarship will assist you in achieving your string education career goals.
5. Submit a current resume that includes work experiences, education and training.
6. Submit a collegiate transcript (unofficial acceptable).
7. Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals knowledgeable with your qualifications.
8. Recipients must complete the application requirements and submit a Scholarship Fund Report after attending the conference, in order to
receive the grant.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who teach traditionally underserved populations.
Applications are due by December 3, 2012. Please submit to Mary Jane Dye at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this scholarship, download the application form below or go to: http://www.astaweb.com/App_Themes/Public/Uploads/PDF/BornoffScholarship12.pdf
Someone in OUR state deserves this award and the chance to attend the 2012 ASTA National Conference in Providence, Rhode Island, next